WhatsApp is one of the most used instant messaging applications worldwide. Don’t think so? Numbers don’t lie. The mobile chat giant has over 2 billion users.
Having said that, the chat app isn’t going anywhere anytime soon, this is because the Facebook-owned company constantly unleashes amazing upgrades to better user experience. Because of this, it comes as no surprise that many WhatsApp users haven’t exhausted most of the app’s functions.
That is why your WhatsApp bible, WhatsAppDownloadsandTips.com, has listed 5 crazy features we are most certain most users didn’t even know existed, save for a few.
1. Send a message without going online or typing it
Did you know that you can send a message to someone on WhatsApp without going online or physically typing it? Woah! wait. Is this even possible? Yes, it is. It’s a simple hack that anyone can do.
You can send messages without going online or typing them by simply exploiting one of the features available on nearly all Android devices, Google Assistant. As the name suggests, it’s an assistant that you can assign to do pretty much a lot of things, from setting up an alarm, sending a WhatsApp message and making a phone call.READ ALSO: How To Tell Who Has Texted You On WhatsApp Without Checking Your Phone
The added advantage of using Google Assistant to send WhatsApp messages is that you won’t have to type the message. All you have to do is to dictate your message and the virtual assistant types the message for you. What’s more, is that you won’t even have to go online to send the message.
Here is how it works:
1. To activate Google Assistant, long-press the home button
2. After long-pressing the home button, a message will appear on your screen written: “Hi, how may I help you?”
3. Speak into your phone’s devices’ mouthpiece and tell the assistant to send a message on WhatsApp to (name of contact)
4. After locating the contact, the assistant will ask you to dictate your message
5. When you are done just say send, and it’s done