The Samsung Galaxy A12 is the follow-up to Samsung’s Galaxy A11. It boasts a new chassis design, a better camera system, more storage, more RAM, and much more as a successor. In conclusion, it has more features than its predecessor, making it a more desirable smartphone.
Where can I get the Samsung Galaxy A12?
Key Specifications and Features of the Samsung Galaxy A12
Octa-core processor, 6.5-inch IPS display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 270 ppi Octa-core processor, 6.5-inch IPS display, 720 x 1600 pixels, 270 ppi Helio P35 Mediatek MT6765 (12nm)
2GB, 3GB, 4GB, and 6GB RAM
32GB / 64GB / 128GB Storage with SD-Card Support Android 10, Upgradable to Android 11, One UI 3.1 32GB / 64GB / 128GB Storage with SD-Card Support
48MP + 5MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP + 2MP +
5000 mAh 15W Fast Charging Capacity Lithium-Polymer Battery, Non-Removable
Display and Design
In terms of design, the Samsung Galaxy A12 stands apart from its predecessor. It’s one of those smartphones with a completely distinct look, which may appeal to fans of the Samsung Galaxy A11’s design.
The Galaxy A12 has a square camera module on the back with four cameras. An LED flashes beneath the module. The Samsung branding appears way down on the back, indicating that this is a Samsung smartphone.
Up front, we have a 6.5-inch IPS display, which is slightly larger than the Galaxy A11’s 6.4-inch display. The A11’s 720 x 1600 resolution is carried over to this display. It is, however, around the same size as the Samsung Galaxy A02s, which is more cheap.
Customers who purchase the Samsung Galaxy A12 will be able to choose from four color options: black, white, red, and blue.
The Video Cameras
The Samsung Galaxy A12’s cameras are one of the most significant improvements over the Galaxy A11. Samsung made significant improvements that are likely to appeal to A11 owners as well as enthusiasts looking for smartphones in this price range.
For starters, we get a quad-rear camera system with higher-resolution cameras, as opposed to the Galaxy A11’s triple camera system.
A 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.0, a 5MP ultrawide camera with an aperture of f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.4, and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4 make up the smartphone’s rear camera system.
Moving forward, we have an 8MP front camera with an f/2.2 aperture. This camera will be used to take selfies and videos.
Hardware and software are both important.
Similar to the Samsung Galaxy A11, Samsung hasn’t provided much information about the Galaxy A12’s processor; however, we do know that it’s an Octa-core Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm) processor with two quad-core processors clocked at 2.35 GHz and 1.8GHz, respectively.
The Galaxy A12 also comes with three RAM options: 3GB, 4GB, and 6GB. Users will be able to choose between 32GB, 64GB, or 128GB of storage. A non-removable 5000mAh battery powers these components.
On the software front, the Galaxy A12’s user interface is built on top of Android 10’s operating system. The smartphone, however, may be upgraded to Android 11 via One UI 3.1.
A 3.5mm headphone jack, USB Type-C port, Bluetooth, and Wifi are all included on the Samsung Galaxy A12.
Because this phone’s internet access is limited to 4G LTE, it isn’t a 5G phone, thus enthusiasts won’t be able to use 5G for downloads, uploads, or streaming.
Price and Availability of the Samsung Galaxy A12
In Nigeria, the Samsung Galaxy A12 costs roughly 87,000 Naira. The smartphone is available for roughly $180 on Amazon and other major online retailers. In Kenya, the Samsung Galaxy A12 costs roughly 15,500 KHS, 799 GHC in Ghana, and 2,600 EGP in Egypt.
Those who want the top-of-the-line 6GB/128GB model will have to pay $236, which is equivalent to 89,798 Naira in Nigeria, 25,972 KSH in Kenya, and 1,380 GHC in Ghana.
The Samsung Galaxy A12 was first announced on November 24, 2020, and went on sale in January 2021.
Samsung Galaxy A12 Specs
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy A12:
- Platform: Android 10, upgradable to Android 11, One UI 3.1
- Processor: Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm), Octa-core: (2.35 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 + 1.8 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53)
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Memory: 2GB / 3GB / 4GB / 6GB RAM
- Colours: Black, White, Blue, Red
- Dimension: 164 x 75.8 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 205 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.5-inch PLS IPS Display, 720 x 1600 Pixels, 19.5:9 Ratio, 270 ppi
- Screen Protection: Yes, Glass Front Cover
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 48MP (Wide) F/2.0 + 5MP (Ultrawide) F/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) F/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) F/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED Flash, Autofocus, Panorama, HDR, [email protected]
- Front Camera: 8 MP Camera, f/2.2, [email protected] Video
- Built-in Storage: 32GB / 64GB / 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (microSDXC)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes, LTE Band 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Yes, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: Yes (in some countries)
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes, FM Recording, RDS
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: –
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Side-Mounted)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 5000mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 15W Fast Charging Capacity